Development Finance Agenda (DEFA) Magazine is a monthly magazine of the Chartered Institute of Development Finance (CIDEF). The magazine publishes short articles that are of relevance to development finance institutions, development finance practitioners, and development economists, employees working in economic clusters of central governments, investment banks, commercial banks, insurance companies and emerging capital markets.
Scope of Magazine
Article will be accepted in any area of finance as applied to development and will cover brief case studies; opinion pieces; company news; research summaries; interviews from CEOs and Senior Managers Development Finance Institutions; monthly markets, financial and economic updates from development finance perspective; summaries of global development finance indicators; discussions around innovative development finance products and broader issues around finance for development.
The target audience/group of the magazine includes:
- Regional and National Development Associations- including ADFIAP, EDFI, AADFI, ADFIMI, ALIDE and WFDFI;
- Major Development Finance Institutions including the African Development Bank, World Bank, IMF, Asian Development Bank and other country/regional development finance institutions;
- Economic clusters of government, such as the National Treasury/Finance Ministries, Central Banks and Commerce Ministries;
- Commercial and Investment Banks, Venture Capital Firms and Insurance Firms;
- Academic and Research Institutions in Development Finance and
- NGOs with interest in finance for development
All articles should be sent via email to Prof. Nicholas Biekpe at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For full articles, please visit Sabinet.
Professor Nicholas Biekpe (CIDEF, South Africa)
Prof. Andy Mullineux (University of Birmingham, UK)
Prof. Danny Cassimon (University of Antwerp, Belgium)
Prof. George Mavrotas (University of Antwerp, Belgium)
Ass. Prof. Abdul Latif Alhassan (University of Cape Town, Graduate School of Business, South Africa)
Dr. Anthony Kyereboah-Coleman (Afreximbank, Egypt)
Dr. Dumisani Magadlela (Development Bank of Southern Africa, South Africa)
Dr. Jonathan Stilwell (FirstRand Bank Ltd, RSA)
Prof. Franklin Michello (Middle Tennessee State University, USA)
Dr. George Kararach (African Development Bank)
Dr. Sephooko Motelle (World Bank, USA)
Dr. Sharron McPherson (WEDI International, USA)
Prof. Bibi Z. Chummun (University of KwaZulu-Natal, RSA)
Ass. Prof. William Brafu-Insaidoo (University of Cape Coast, Ghana)
Dr. Roland Banya (Research ICT Africa)
Latest Issue: Volume 8 – May 2023
Unsolicited credit rating assessments: A key challenge to debt sustainability in Africa – Dr. Misheck Mutize