||This module introduces students to a wide range of contemporary issues
relating to micro insurance. Upon completion of this module students should be
able to demonstrate:
- A clear understanding of the challenges and problems of microinsurance in developing countries, especially in Africa;
- A clear understanding of risk assessment mechanisms in the microinsurance industry;
- The ability to assess the impact of microinsurance to the achievement of the Millenium Development Goals (MDGs) and
- The ability to evaluate and initiate microinsurance policies with respect to business success by nature and profile of microinsurance.
- A critical understanding of and the ability to evaluate the most important regulatory considerations in the new evolving area of low-income financial services such as micro-insurance